Vegan Chocolate Orange Truffles
Vegan Chocolate Orange Truffles.
Hello Tansy’s Pantry people! Welcome to our blog. We’ll be posting news, events and recipes here on a regular basis and we’d love to hear your comments and feedback. Here’s my delicious recipe for vegan chocolate orange truffles.
They are full of all kinds of incredibly healthy ingredients and will give you boundless natural energy.
There are also many other reasons to consider eating vegan food:
Recipe for Vegan Chocolate Orange Truffles
Makes about 30
- 300g Pitted Dates
- 100g Mixed Nuts
- 200g Sunflower Seeds
- 100ml Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 70g Raw Cacao powder
- 30g Maca powder (Available from Easy Weigh, Newport)
- 20g Chia Seeds
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Place the coconut oil in a pan a melt on a low heat.
- Place the dates in a glass bowl and cover in boiling water, leave to soak for 10 mins with cling film over the bowl
- Whizz up the nuts and seeds in a food processor until fine and then add 50g of the cacao. Add the Maca powder. Place the mixture into a separate bowl and when the dates have soaked for 10 minutes strain the water off and put them into the food processor. Blend them until they are gooey.
- Add the dates to the dried mixture and mix well, add the orange zest.
- Put some parchment paper onto a baking tray.
- Roll the mixture into truffles size balls and place onto the parchment. Put the truffles in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Roll the truffles in cacao powder, et voila! Delicious served with coffee as an after dinner treat.